Dates: April 19-23
This Easter Student Ministries is taking down a small group of leaders and students to check out the “The Refuge” in Tijuana. The Refuge — Casa Para Anciano El Refugio — is a ministry in Tijuana that cares for the elderly, mentally handicapped, and vulnerable members of society. For the last twenty years, Pastor Chuy (Jesús Chun Mondragón) has been faithfully leading this amazing ministry of compassion which currently has over 200 residents.
The goal of our trip this Easter is to be generous and learn about needs that exist both in Tijuana and around the world. Between now and Easter we will be raising money for the Refuge. Our goal is to raise $5,000 for the needs of the ministry.
We plan to establish a long term relationship between the Refuge and 3Crosses, so if you can’t make it this year, there will be more trips in years to come. If you can come this is going to be an amazing trip.
- 9 am meet at church
- Drive down to San Diego. We’ll be staying in a motel for the night.
- Children’s ministry in Tijuana Neighborhood
- Lesson #1 - Hortencia - Tijuana children and shut-in ministry
- Drive to Yugo facility in Rosarito (Check out Yugo Ministries website to read about safety)
- Prepare food for breakfast at the Refuge
- Sunrise Worship
- Serve Breakfast at the Refuge
- Lesson #2 - Pastor Chuy - The Refuge and caring for the needy
- Serve Lunch a the Refuge
- Tacos in Rosarito
- Drive halfway home
- Lesson #3 - Group Discussion - What did we learn from this trip
- Camping near the beach at Point Mugu State Park
- Passport Costs: $205 for an expedited passport booklet and $125 for an expedited passport card
- March 20th is probably the last day you would be able to get an expedited passport.
- Best info for passports can be found at travel.state.gov
- Google map of where we’ll be going