- Phone: (510) 537-4690
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meeting Address:
20600 John Drive, Castro Valley, CA 94546
- Sunday AM: 8:30a & 11:15a
- Community Hour: 10:00a
- Sunday PM: 6:13p
4 Benefits To Giving Online
1. You are taking a step of faith - When you sign up to give online you are deciding in advance to faithfully give. God always blesses that kind of faith!
2. You will simplify your life - You won´t have to remember whether you gave this month or need to send in an offering by mail when you´re on a trip.
3. You will be helping the church - Every person who gives through automatic giving makes our record keeping much easier.
4. You can focus on worship during the offering at church - Instead of having to get out a pen and write out an envelope and check, you can focus on God during the song while the offering is being taken.
A Little More About Giving Options
3Crosses is grateful for your prayers and financial support. We're always looking for ways to make your donations go further. Did you know that administrative processing costs vary significantly among different giving options? Such costs can affect the amount of funds available for the intended ministry. The chart below shows how 3Crosses can get the most from your gifts.
CASH = 0%
CHECK = 0%
PAY BY BANK BILL PAY = 0%
CREDIT CARD = 2.5%*
Online Giving Is Safe and Secure
We understand that you may be concerned about privacy and security issues surrounding the use of the internet for giving contributions. We´ve taken steps to give the best security possible.
1. When you are entering and viewing Online Giving information you are using 3Crosses´s secure servers.
2. We require that you create a unique User ID and password when setting up or viewing your giving records. This assures that no one besides you will be able to access your online giving account.
3. Our Servers are located behind strong security firewalls and use a complex mathematical process, an encryption algorithm, to encode all information before it is sent and then decoded with a "key" when it is received. Without this key, the information is undecipherable. Computers use a binary number that is usually 40- to 128-bits in length as the "key". The larger the key, the more difficult it is to break and decipher the message in transit. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you select a browser version that uses 128-bit encryption if possible. What is 128- bit encryption? 128-bit encryption is 300 septillion times stronger than standard encryption. Browsers with standard 40 and 56-bit encryption make available billions of possible keys. 128-bit encryption means that there are 2128 billion possible keys to your information and every time you access the Saddleback servers the key is changed. 128-bit SSL encryption has never been broken and according to RSL Labs, it would take a "trillion-trillion years" to crack the code using today´s technology.
Your information is held securely by the FellowshipOne system. This information will remain private and will never be given away to third parties.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it safe to give online?
Yes. In many ways giving online is safer than writing a check because an electronic gift cannot be lost or stolen. The security of the system is continually managed by Fellowship One.
Q: What types of bank accounts can I give from?
You can give online from your checking account via an E-Check (ACH) transaction. You can also give using MasterCard or Visa.
Q: Are there any fees involved with giving online?
Not to you. You will not pay any fees with an online gift. In addition, online gifts are a more cost efficient way for the church to process donations.
Q: Can I make a one-time contribution?
Yes. The system allows you the option of either making a one-time contribution or setting up a recurring contribution. For a one-time contribution, you can designate that the contribution should be made immediately or, for both one-time and recurring contributions, you can schedule the contributions to come out of your bank account on the date(s) specified by you.
Q: If I want to set-up a recurring gift, what are my options for frequency of my gift?
For recurring gifts, you have the option of giving weekly, twice a month, every two weeks or once a month.
Q: Can I change my personal information or the amount or the frequency of my gift once I have set it up?
Yes. You can change or cancel your contribution at any time before the date of your next contribution. Simply log in to the system using your user name and password and make the necessary changes in the system.
Q: Can I review my donation history online?
Yes. The site will allow you to view the complete history of your contributions, given either online or otherwise. Once you've created an account, you will able to contribute immediately. However, for security purposes, before you can see any past contributions, we must manually connect your online account with your previous information. This is a one-time process when you initially create your account. After that, you can view your history at any time.
Q: Will I still receive regular contribution statements from the church?
Yes. The church will continue to send year-end contribution statements to your address on file for tax purposes.
Q: When will contributions be withdrawn from my account?
Contributions will be withdrawn from your specified bank account within 48 business hours of the date you request. This time frame allows for the contribution to process through your bank and the church's bank. If the date of your contribution falls on a weekend or a holiday, the transaction will be initiated on the next banking day.
Q: Can I designate my gift to a particular cause?
Yes, you can designate your gift to go toward tithes and offerings (General Fund) or a select number of other funds including Missions and Neighborhood Next. We may also add additional causes at specific times.
Q: How will I know that I set up my gift correctly?
Immediately after submitting your contribution, you will receive an e-mail verifying your contribution.
Q: Does it matter which Internet browser I use?
We recommend the latest versions of Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, but most any browser will work.
Q. Can I use a debit card?
You can use a debit check card from Visa or MasterCard, but true debit cards are not accepted through the Fellowship One system due to the sensitivity of securely requesting a Personal Identification Number (PIN). ACH bank drafts can be used instead for true debits.
Q: I have additional questions about online giving that have not been addressed. Who can I talk to?
or call the church office 510.537.4690 and we will be glad to answer any other questions you may have.