- Phone: (510) 537-4690
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meeting Address:
20600 John Drive, Castro Valley, CA 94546
- Sunday AM: 8:30a & 11:15a
- Community Hour: 10:00a
- Sunday PM: 6:13p
At 3Crosses, we love our volunteers. We believe that service is so important, we've made it the third piece of our process: Worship, Community, Service. To help you find a place to serve, we've put together the following opportunities. We call them our First Serve Ministries:
• First, you must be 25 years old, have clean driving record, willing to take drug test, must have a class A or B license with passenger endorsement.
• Drive various routes during the week and/or weekends.
• Clean buses and/or provide mechanical help.
• Assist teacher in preparing classroom or help in nursery.
• Greet children and parents with a smile
• Interact/play with children. Comfort troubled children
• Assist in distributing snacks; pray with children at table
• Sit amongst children and encourage them to listen quietly
For Further Info: Contact Austin Foxworthy at 510.537.4690, x203, or e-mail email@example.com
Members of the check-in team will run our Check-in kiosks where they will welcome families and make sure everyone is checked in safely. Volunteers are asked to work at least one service: 8:10am-8:45am, 9:35am-10:15am, or 10:50am-11:30am.
Contact: Penny Lapum at 510.537.4690, ext 232, or email:
The 3 in 1 Choir consists of children from three churches: First Baptist, 3Crosses & Redwood Chapel. During season, assist Music Director with organizing and directing the children.
Contact: Sharon Turney at 510.828.4932, or email:
Share the joy of the Lord, the Good News, with elementary students in public schools. Positions are Teachers, Assistant Teachers, Grade Helper, Prayer Partners, Refreshments, Song Leaders, or Visitation.
Contact: Karen Von Glahn at 510.881.1338, or email:
• Prepare on one Saturday a month
• Prepare communion plates before communion service
• Refill communion items in between services
• Clean up communion items after second service
For Further Info: Contact Ned Sessions, Communion Team Leader, at 510.581.8863 or e-mail
• Smile & greet people at Connection Central in the lobby on Sunday mornings
• Help connect people with ministry at 3Crosses. (Volunteer service rotated.)
For Further Info: Contact Joshua Nguyen, Connection Central Team Leader, at 510.427.5566 or email
• Donate needed items (food, clothing, blankets)
• Talk and pray with people
• Assist with food preparation, distribute food and clothing, or help with special events.
For more information about CrossStreets, please contact: or call 510-470-0402
For more information about CrossStreets Monthly Food Pantry, please contact or call 510-470-1224
Help prepare our facilities for Sunday services: window cleaning, vacuum cleaning, and office cleaning. Work could include facility repairs, improvements, and mechanical repairs.
Contact: Richard Chapman at 408.561.0837, or email:
• Arrive 15 minutes early
• Use radio to stay in contact with other teams
• Walk around assigned area and guide people to areas they may be seeking
• Serve one full service time and attend the other
For Further Info: Call Robert Hamilton, First Aid Team Leader, at 510.303.4796, or e-mail
• Arrive 15 minutes early for event
• Get "greeter" badge from usher closet
• Greet each person with a smile and a handshake. Open doors, help people up steps, or give directions, as needed
For Further Info: Contact Joe & Anita Santos, Greeting Team Leader, at 510.278.9941, or e-mail joeandanitasantos@sbcglobal.
• Arrive 30 minutes early
• Be an information resource
• Use radio provided to be in contact with other teams
• Guide people to areas they may be seeking
• Serve one full service time and attend the other service
For Further Info: Contant Coreen Tasto, Info Desk Team Leader, at 510.889.0594, or e-mail
• Food/Hospitality on Friday Nights
• ESL/Friendships with Students
For Further Info: Contact Jay Chuang ISM Team Leader at 510.385.5884 e-mail
Assist in meal or banquet preparation and cleanup
For Further Info: Call Diane Dorn, Kitchen Team Leader, at 510.582.6285 or
• Help with men's dinners or retreats
• Serve in the areas of Home Repair, Prayer, Basketball, Home Communities, or Discipleship
• Serve as Men's Corner Host on Sunday mornings
For Further Info: Contact Mark Campbell, Director of Men's Ministry, at 510.918.8420, or e-mail
• Share info on how to get involved in Missions
• Answer questions
• Show missions videos & DVDs
For Further Info: Contact Marty Barnikel, Missions Center Team Leader, at 510.483.1426, or e-mail
• Serve using your voice, musical instrument or dramatic ability
• Opportunities available in choir, orchestra, worship team and drama, costumes & props, and hair stylists.
For Further Info: Contact Meg Willadsen, Ministry Coordinator for Music and Arts, at 510.537.4690, x202, or e-mail Or, click here for a more thorough list.
• Encourage new believers in their first steps of Life Transformation Through Following Christ.
• Provide resources and/or connection opportunities.
• Pray for the new believer and follow up with them occasionally by phone or email.
For Further Info: Contact Erica Morgan, Team Leader at 951.522.0330 or email:
• Assist office staff with mass mailings
• Put together "YES" Packets for community outreaches
• On-call support For Further Info: Contact Susan Okamura, Office Support Team Leader, at 510.537.4690 x264, or e-mail
• Arrive 15 minutes before start of service (or two hours before special event) • Get orange vest from Usher room in lobby
• Guide cars to parking areas
• Monitor crosswalks, allowing pedestrians to cross in groups For Further Info: Contact David Bonal, Traffic Team Leader, at 510.303.9568, or e-mail
Use experienced signing skills to translate worship, or pastor's message. NOTE: Signing is provided second service only, at 11:15am
For Further Info: Contact Joanne Serna, Sign Language Team Leader, at 510.483.9099, or
To assist guests who may need support devices to navigate around the church, such as wheelchairs, walkers, canes, or the hydraulic lift during our Outreach Events (Christmas & Easter pageants, or summer musical). Service can be rotated.
Contact: Vance Hunter at 510.537.4690 x283, or email:
Kindly greet those who visit & be an information resource
•Answer the telephone & deliver messages to Pastors' mailboxes For Further Info: Call Joyce Craig, Team Leader, at 925.556.1388 or email
• Sound system setup (cords, mics, speakers, monitors)
• Worship band setup (drums, guitars, keyboards, percussion)
• Orchestra setup (chairs, stands, lights, instruments)
• Choir & drama (risers, platforms, props)
• Lobby setup (displays, signs, booths) For Further Info: Contact Nancy Koski, Admin Support for Music & Arts, at 510.537.4690 x230, or e-mail
• Arrive 30 minutes early
• Hand out bulletins & direct people to seating
• Greet each person with a smile and a handshake
• Direct guests to Connection Central to get questions answered
• Serve one full service time, then attend other service
For Further Info: Contact Nick Johnson, Usher Team Leader, at 510.538.6418, or e-mail
• Help out once a month for these fun and friendly "women only" monthly luncheons
• Opportunities: greet, serve, or help in the kitchen
For Further Info: Contact Linda Hulme, Welcome Luncheons Team Leader, at 510.881.5762
On 1st or 2nd Tuesday of each month, help set-up, clean up, cook, or be a table hostess and connect with other women at church. We have men on the cooking team also. No luncheons in July or August. You are welcome!
Contact: Darlene Kalsbeek at 510.582.9574, or email:
• Reach out to women in the church and in the community
• Serve in the areas of Women's Bible Studies, Retreats, Resources, Luncheons, Yearly Events, and more.
For Further Info: Contact Jean Young, Co-Director of Women's Ministry, at 510.538.9027, or e-mail
We study the Bible and worship God through song. To be involved for games, activities, snacks, parent greeters, crowd control, tech team, prayer partners, or counseling students as needed. Meetings are on Sunday mornings, 10:00am-11:00am, and Wednesday nights, 7:00pm-9:00 pm.
Contact: Charles Homer at 510.537.4690 x234, or email:
We study the Bible and worship God through song. To be involved with students of your gender for games, activities, and counseling students as needed. Meetings are on Sunday mornings, 10:00am-11:00am, and Thursday nights, 7:00pm-9:00 pm.